Children and Adolescents
As children develop and explore during this period, they often test their bodies’ ability and resilience to the limit. It is vital to ensure the stresses and strains they place on their bodies during play are not affecting their normal musculoskeletal development.
This is also an age where common muscle and/or joint conditions may develop (as a result of accidents, falls, sporting injuries or poor posture) and remain into adulthood.Commonly treated conditions include:
- Scoliosis (s-shaped curvature of the spine)
- Sporting Injuries
- Muscle strains and tears
- Knee pain (for example: Osgood Schlatters)
- Heel and Foot pain (for example: Sever’s Disease)
- Neck pain due to poor studying posture and/or computer use
- Back pain associated with lifting/carrying heavy school bags
- Repetitive injuries associated with rowing, swimming, tennis, gymnastics
- Injuries associated with playground falls and/or contact sports
Osteopathy is gentle, safe and effective for all children and adolescents.